Monday, October 1, 2012

GOAL!!!!!

I had every intention of getting a post in for the month of September and then.....

Moving on.  So this last month has been a busy one with the start of both t-ball and soccer for Canyon.  First of all, t-ball for preschool age is basically pointless.  I'm not quite certain he has learned anything more than what I have taught him at home.  Kinda disappointing, but he loved it and I know that's all that matters.  Soccer, on the other hand, is more than we could have asked for.  He has an awesome coach (Travis) who actually runs drills with him and is trying to teach him more of the basics.  Can I just say that outdoor soccer is soooo much more enjoyable than indoor.  We considered bribing Can with money for every goal he scored.  Boy was I glad we kept our mouths shut!  I've started telling people that his broken foot has special powers- because that kid went from 0-1 goals a game last spring to 10 goals in one game this summer!  It's amazing and so much fun to watch.  After the 10 goal game I had to have a talk with him and tell him he needed to learn to pass the ball.  Rob was not very pleased with that and told him to score as much as he wanted.  His coach agreed and told him to just SCORE!  This last Saturday he blocked a shot in the goal and returned the ball the length of field to score.  That was his 8th of the game:)  He's hysterical- he keeps track and holds up his chubby little fingers after each goal and tries to count how many he's up to.  Sometimes I hear myself screaming when I play back the videos and feel sorry for the parents around me... but don't think for one second that it stops me.  I just keep on screaming!

The boys both started preschool this month and phew... Crue is loving it!  He has the sweetest teacher (Ms. Juliette) and she hugs him and tells him she loves him every time I pick him up.  He's beginning to learn the sounds of his letters, but refuses to tell me which letter is which.  He's OBSESSED with Batman and begs me for Robin and Mr. Freeze everyday without fail.  I got the boys a new Wii Batman Lego game which Canyon proceeded to beat in about 2 weeks time.  Does that mean he's allowed to play too much?

Canyon has learned that bribing mommy gets him pretty much anything he wants.  When he wants something he'll say "Mommy if you get me ------, I'll get you a new iPhone for Mother's Day."  Random little kid.  The other day, while he was sitting with me on the couch he looked up at me, with quite possibly the saddest face I've ever seen, and said "Mommy, I'd be really sad if you died" and then he burst into sobs.  It was heartbreaking.  I grabbed him and held him and promised him I'd never die because quite frankly, I had NO IDEA what else to say.  I got teary myself just imagining ever not being with those little boys.  Ridiculous, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment